About Lower Columbia Pathologists
Our history extends back to 1954. LCP was founded to provide clinical and anatomical services for our medical community. Our services and staff have grown along with the growth of this community. We now have 8 physicians providing expertise in surgical pathology, cytopathology, and clinical pathology. We are one of the largest pathology groups in the Northwest, servicing the western portions of Washington and Oregon.
Our clients are the lifeblood of our service and we sincerely appreciate your support. If there is any way that you feel we can improve our service to you or if you have a special need, please give us a call, write or email us, so we can accommodate your requests.
Accurate evaluation depends upon exact preparation, collection and patient information. Our staff has provided clients with a new, comprehensive service manual to assist you. Our intent is and has always been to offer services accurately, timely and conveniently to our clients
WE ARE HERE TO SERVE
- Histology and histochemistry
- Immunofluorescence microscopy
- Aspiration cytology services
- General cytology services to include gynecologic and non-gynecologic cytologic procedures.
- Bone marrow aspiration biopsy services with analysis.
- Consultative services in anatomic pathology, clinical chemistry, microbiology, immunohematology and blood banking, infectious diseases, environmental toxins, and EPA standards and requirements as applied to health care entities.
- Consultations on blood banking services, transfusion services, and autologous transfusion protocols evaluation and scheduling.
- Autopsy services including post mortem neuropathology evaluation.
Lower Columbia Pathologists is certified by the American College of Pathologists and participates in the proficiency evaluation program for the College of American Pathologists. The laboratory is also certified by the American Society of Dermatology and participates in the American Cytodermatopathology proficiency program. The laboratory also participates in the American Society of Clinical Pathologists proficiency testing program.